Monday, September 10, 2012

Repetition


The boring days of cardio at the gym and running around
in circles on my little neighborhood track allowed me to run
and finish my first 5K.
I can't speak for everyone who has lost weight, but one thing that I have had to come to terms with is repetition. When I do positive things over and over it gives me consistency. Consistency guides my routine, and then that routine leads my weight loss.

Life happens I know, but I try to get to the gym at the same time everyday. And I do simple things like getting to bed at a reasonable hour, and eating on a schedule. All these things I had blown off for so many years because of my I'll- do-what-I-want-to-do-anytime-I-want-to-do-it attitude...An attitude which only lead me to be a miserable 530 pounds.

Repetition of positive actions helps me stay moving forward, getting me closer and closer to my next goal.

~Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment