Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Starting Line

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible;
and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
~ St. Francis of Assisi

What's necessary is almost always difficult. Even when we just poke at change from a distance, we have a hard time.


Starting line at the Jailbreak Race DFW 2011. I weighed 350+ lbs.

With changing bad eating habits it's no different. But where and how we start this change might help us develop some confidence and momentum.

I started simple. No fast food!

Simple...because there is a clear defined goal. But simple doesn't mean easy. Easy was not eating till I was starving and then hitting the drive thru window.

Next thing I cut out was something we here in Texas call, "The Nectar of the gods!" Sounds like beer...but it's not. It's Dr. Pepper. It's astonishing how many calories you can drink without realizing it!

Soft drinks and fast food where my low hanging fruit. The first things that had to go if I was going to get healthy. This pruning was clear and defined.... no excuses and no convincing myself there was a way around it.

~Mac

1 comment:

  1. Carb's are my low hanging fruit, and yes, Dr. Pepper. A Texan myself. I have gone to drinking Dr. Pepper 10. Do you have any tips on how often you work out when you began and where you are now?

    ReplyDelete