Friday, August 2, 2013

50 Mile Fail


This morning was my 50 mile ride to get prepared for the Hotter 'n Hell Hundred and I did not get it done. This was the second time this week that I tried to get 50 miles.
 
Wednesday morning I got 15.8 miles, but only after having 3 flats -- Ran out of tubes and time. 
 
Friday morning was the second try. First 30 miles rolled pretty smooth, then I started to fade. By 40 miles, my legs felt good but I was completely out of energy. I stopped.
 
Last year when I was training for the half marathon I hit this point, went past it and passed clean out.Since then, I have learned some about proper nutrition and hydration but evidently did not put it into practice this morning.
 
First thing I did wrong was not eat or drink enough last night. Why? I was worried about the Facebook weigh-in that I always do on Friday mornings...that was dumb. 
 
Secondly, I didn't eat enough when I got up this morning, I didn't eat enough on the ride and I didn't hydrate before the ride.  I was hydrating during the ride, but it was to late. 
 
Of course, I've been told these things...I guess I need to listen.
 
On to next week....and if I have to ride on Friday (weigh-in morning) not going to worry about the number. 


1 comment:

  1. One of the summer favorite foods of many of us is watermelon. This fruit contains essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium or sodium and fulfills the requirement of water in our body....Nutrition and Hydration Week 2014

    ReplyDelete